Raging Elk Silk Trail Slide – Virtual Nordic Ski Event
We have ‘winterizing’ the Silk Trail Sprints and are happy to bring you the Raging Elk Silk Trail Slide – a virtual Nordic Ski event with something for everyone. Come out at a time that suits you, choose a distance that suits you, and score yourself an awesome medal created by Wild Wolves Design.
The event runs from February 20 – March 6, 2021
4km * 9km * 13km * 18km
How do I participate in the Silk Trail Sprints?
- Register online! CLick the registration button above
- COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE WAIVER! https://passes.skircr.com/waivers-special/signup.aspx
- Participants that are 16yrs and older must complete the EVENT WAIVER
- Participants that are 15yrs and younger must have their parent or legal guardian complete BOTH the EVENT WAIVER and PARENTAL CONSENT WAIVER
- Join the Fernie Alpine Resort club on Strava and check out the four routes on offer https://www.strava.com/clubs/FARevents
- Complete one (or all) of the event segments, track your results, and post on Strava.
- Head into Guest Services to collect your medal and F&B Voucher
- Show your confirmation email to receive your voucher
- Show your Strava results to receive your medal.
- When you pick up your medal, you will automatically go into the draw for our great prize pool. Draws will be made once the event is complete!
Tips for using Strava:
- To find the four routes for the Silk Trail Slide, look for the ‘Events’ in the Fernie Alpine Resort club page on Strava.
- If you click on ‘view the route’ from the event, you have an option on the bottom left of the screen to “use route.” This will automatically take you to the recording feature with the route marked out. This makes it really easy to follow the correct route.
- Make sure you start and end your Strava at the start of the route – end of Double Creek, the start of Silk Trails (look for the sign)
We will be using the Strava Segments listed on each Strava event as our leaderboards. Make sure you include in your activity comments whether you were Skate Skiing or Classic Cross Country.
Don’t have Stava? You can definitely still participate. The routes are posted below, and you can track your run on your own timing device. To collect your medal, show your timing device at Guest Services.
How do you win prizes?
Everyone that registers and completes a distance will be entered in a draw. Winners will be selected by random draw once the event is complete on March 6th.
There are also additional prize draw opportunities:
- Post your results on social media with #SilkTrailSprints, tag @ferniealpineresort, and get an extra entry into the prize draw.
- The participants with top times from each of the distances will be entered into an additional prize draw for a separate prize package!
All routes start at the beginning of the wide-open intersection where the Silk Trail starts, and the Double Creek trail ends. Keep an eye out for the event signage.
Click the following links for the other distance routes on offer;
All participants must complete Resort Event Waiver/s to participate in this event. If you have already completed a waiver for any summer events in 2020, you do not have to complete another.
- Participants ages 16 and over must complete a resort EVENT WAIVER.
- Participants ages 15 and under must have their parent or legal guardian complete both an EVENT WAIVER and PARENTAL CONSENT WAIVER.
What to bring on your Nordic Ski:
- Plenty of water.
- Appropriate clothing for winter outdoor weather.
- Energy snacks.
- Cell phone for emergency’s – save Dispatch number 250-423-2426
Nordic Ski Rental Special
From February 20 – March 6, you can get 10% off all nordic ski rental equipment from the Fernie Alpine Resort Rental Shop.
Great prizes up for grabs thanks to our fantastic community sponsors!