Please note, the Summit Fund program is on hold until further notice. Thank you for your patience.
Community Summit Fund
WHAT IS IT?
The Fernie Alpine Resort Community Summit Fund is an initiative, started as an original 5-Year community commitment that has helped transform the local Fernie community and will continue to in years to come.
The Fernie Alpine Resort Community Summit Fund is pleased to announce a 4-year, $100,000 initiative that will provide cash donations and in kind support to local community causes.
The Fund’s mandate is to enhance the community of Fernie by supporting sustainable local projects that help create positive opportunities and outcomes for its citizens, especially youth.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The goal of the Summit Fund is to provide donations to a wide variety of local causes that provide a positive long-term impact on a wide variety of people.
The Community Summit Fund committee considers the following:
1) Does the Project directly relate to the mandate of the Community Summit Fund?
2) Is the Project local in scope, or provide a direct local benefit?
3) Can the outcomes of the Project be measured?
Applications are accepted all year long, and are reviewed by the Summit Fund Committee typically every two months.
APPLY FOR A GRANT
Who have we supported so far?
Fernie Alpine Resort Community Summit Fund has donated over $400,000 in cash, as well as in-kind donations to 250 Fernie community organizations and projects including:
- A Taste of Fernie (Fernie and District Art Council and Rotary Club of Fernie)
- Arts and Letters Picnic and Promenade (Fernie Heritage Library and Fernie and District Arts Council)
- BC SPCA: Paws for a Cause
- Breast Buddies Ski-A-Thon Fundraiser
- Canadian Cancer Society: Elk Valley Relay for Life
- Elk Valley PARTY Program
- Elk Valley Society for Community Living
- Emily Brydon Youth Foundation
- Fernie Bear Aware Program
- Fernie Mountain Film Festival
- Fernie/Kootenay Rockies Mountain Bike Team
- Fernie Interpretive Centre (Fernie Chamber of Commerce) (3-year commitment)
- Fernie TransRockies Society
- Fernie Writers’ Conference
- Fernie Mountain Bike Club
- Fernie & District Historical Society: The Power of Place – Ski Hill Memories
- Fernie Secondary School Scholarship Program
- Ghostrider Adventure Camp
- Griz Days
- Isabella Dicken Elementary School – New Playground (3-year commitment)
- The Fernie Griz Pond Hockey Team
- The Miner’s Walk Exhibition
- Wam Bam Dirt Jump Jam