We're looking forward to seeing you this summer at Fernie Alpine Resort. Before your visit, please take a moment to review our COVID-19 policies and guidelines detailed below. Be mindful of maintaining social distancing from those outside of your cohort and follow all provincial government recommendations. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we strive to provide and safe environment for our guests and staff. See you soon!
For the safety of resort guests and our staff please do not visit if any of the following apply:
- If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing),
- Live in a household with someone with COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19 or who is self isolating due to possible exposure to COVID-19
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks or been in contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks
STAFF HEALTH & SAFETY
All staff are required to
- Complete daily health screening prior to starting every work shift.
- Be trained and participate in all COVID-19 procedures, including the use of personal protective equipment, enhanced cleaning of work and public areas, and frequent hand washing/sanitizing.
- Follow provincial health guidelines to maintain personal health and avoid the spread of COVID-19.
HEALTH & SAFETY ACROSS THE RESORT
- Please follow instructions from our staff. They are here to make the experience a safe and enjoyable one for you.
- All service counters will have plexi-glass barriers to separate guests and staff.
- Staff will be wearing face shields or face masks if they are unable to keep social distance or are not behind plexi-glass barriers.
- Guests will be required to wear face coverings in certain areas at the resort. This includes our indoor resort facilities as well as in the chairlift line, and when loading and unloading chairlift.
- Credit or debit cards are preferred for payments. Tap is available for payments up to $250.
- Please follow all instructional signage, including physical distancing markings and directional signage.
- Our buildings will have a one-way flow of foot traffic to reduce interactions with other guests (where possible) and will have maximum guest capacities posted to ensure social distancing.
- Please sanitize your hands prior to entering our buildings, including washrooms. Hand sanitizer will be available by the entrances of all buildings
- Our staff will be cleaning high touch surfaces frequently during the day, including payment terminals, after each use.
- We have 2 large parking lots located at the base of the resort. If possible, please leave at least 2m (6ft) space between vehicles and practice physical distancing as soon as you get out of your vehicle.
- We ask that no gathering or tail-gating takes place in parking lots.
- Paid overnight RV parking is permitted in dedicated stalls in Lot #2 – please abide by all posted rules.
- Please visit our Guest Services office for lift tickets, season passes, rental bookings, activity bookings, food and beverage vouchers, and general information.
- Please refrain from touching any retail items unless you plan on purchasing it. Instead, ask for assistance from our staff for information on sizing and details on various retail products.
- Please book and pay for your rental bike and gear at Guest Services then proceed to the Rental & Repair Shop located in the Cornerstone Building (follow signage across the plaza) to pick up your rentals.
- All rental equipment is cleaned and sanitized after each use using approved solutions and left to dry overnight.
- While in the chairlift line, guests are asked to keep 2 metres apart from those not in their group.
- As of August 4, 2020: Guests will be required to wear face coverings in the lift line, and while loading and unloading the chair, as well as in any of our indoor facilities. We strongly encourage guests to bring their own covering (e.g. face mask, bandana, neck tube) but have $5 masks for sale at the Mountain Pantry and Guest Services if you forget your own.
- Please ensure you present the barcode on your lift ticket or season pass to the Ticket Checking staff so we can have a touchless scanning process.
- Guests will be asked to load their own bikes onto the chairlift. If you are unable to, please inform the lift attendant.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer before loading the lift and after unloading the lift.
- Only guests from the same family or household members may load the chairlift together; all others must load alone.
- Please practice safe physical distancing while using the trails – at least 2m (6ft) apart while stationary or walking/hiking, further than 2m (6ft) apart while biking.
- No handshakes, high fives, hugs unless you are riding with family or household members.
- Chill the Send – ride well within your ability level, dependent on the conditions.
- Please hike & bike with those in your group – avoid large groups.
- Avoid gathering at trail map signs/intersections/junctions.
- Trail maps are posted at the base area and top of the chairlift, and are also available on our website, SkiRCR app and Trailforks app.
- As always, please adhere to the Biker’s & Hiker’s Responsibility Codes.
Legends Mountain Eatery – Open Daily from 11:00am to 5:30pm
Cirque Restaurant @ Lizard Creek Lodge – Open Wednesday-Saturday from 5-9pm (bar opens at 4pm)
- Restaurants will have reduced capacity and a new table layout to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- New food & drink menu available allowing for minimal contact.
- New order system and payment process to allow for safe social distancing.
- Restaurant washrooms will be limited to one patron per washroom.
- Our restaurants have fabulous outdoor patios for fresh air dining.
- For Cirque Restaurant, reservations are recommended via OpenTable or by phone 250 423-2056.
- Please note: The Ice Bar is closed for the season.
- Re-usable bags are not permitted at this time.
- Bottle deposit refunds will not be processed at this time.
- Washrooms will be open for guests in the following locations:
- Tamarack Building (base area plaza)
- Bear’s Den (top of the Elk Chairlift)
- For all washrooms, cleaning will be increased throughout the day but we ask all guests to please be considerate and use the wipes provided to clean any surfaces they have touched.
We recommend you take steps to protect yourself, we promote contactless payment as much as possible, regular hand sanitization and/or washing, staying within your social bubble and avoiding gatherings on our properties.
Remain respectful - we will not tolerate any abuse towards our staff members or other guests in regards to any of these guidelines. Anyone not able to follow our recommendations will be asked to leave.
Let’s make it a great summer working together and taking time to enjoy our spectacular mountain surroundings.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
We appreciate your review of these policies ahead of visiting us this summer and your further cooperation during your visit. Please realize we are living in an ever-changing situation. While many of these policies will likely stay in place for the summer season, there may be additional ones brought forth or adjustments made as we adapt to our current environment and do everything possible to have a full and enjoyable season for us all. We advise taking a look at this page to check for updates before each of your resort visits this season.