We're looking forward to seeing you this summer at Fernie Alpine Resort. Before your visit, please take a moment to review our COVID-19 policies and guidelines detailed below. Be mindful of maintaining social distancing from those outside of your cohort and follow all provincial government recommendations. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we strive to provide and safe environment for our guests and staff. See you soon!
For the safety of resort guests and our staff please do not visit if any of the following apply:
- If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing),
- Live in a household with someone with COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19 or who is self isolating due to possible exposure to COVID-19
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks or been in contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks
STAFF HEALTH & SAFETY
All staff are required to
- Complete daily health screening prior to starting every work shift.
- Be trained and participate in all COVID-19 procedures, including the use of personal protective equipment, enhanced cleaning of work and public areas, and frequent hand washing/sanitizing.
- Follow provincial health guidelines to maintain personal health and avoid the spread of COVID-19.
HEALTH & SAFETY ACROSS THE RESORT
- Please follow instructions from our staff. They are here to make the experience a safe and enjoyable one for you.
- All service counters will have plexi-glass barriers to separate guests and staff.
- Staff will be wearing face masks if they are unable to keep social distance or are not behind plexi-glass barriers.
- It is required that guests wear face coverings in all indoor public areas at the resort. We recommend face coverings for guests in the chairlift line, and when loading, riding and unloading chairlift, and in our base area plaza.
- Credit or debit cards are preferred for payments. Tap is available for payments up to $250.
- Please follow all instructional signage, including physical distancing markings and directional signage.
- Our buildings will have a one-way flow of foot traffic to reduce interactions with other guests (where possible) and will have maximum guest capacities posted to ensure social distancing.
- Please sanitize your hands prior to entering our buildings, including washrooms. Hand sanitizer will be available by the entrances of all buildings
- Our staff will be cleaning high touch surfaces frequently during the day, including payment terminals, after each use.
- We have 2 large parking lots located at the base of the resort. If possible, please leave at least 2m (6ft) space between vehicles and practice physical distancing as soon as you get out of your vehicle.
- We ask that no gathering or tail-gating takes place in parking lots.
- Paid overnight RV parking is permitted in dedicated stalls in Lot #2 – please abide by all posted rules.
- Please visit our Guest Services office for lift tickets, season passes, rental bookings, activity bookings, food and beverage vouchers, and general information.
- Our retail cabin is open and awaiting your visit. Please sanitize your hands before handling items and be respectful of social distance within the store.
- Please book and pay for your rental bike and gear at Guest Services then proceed to the Rental & Repair Shop located in the Cornerstone Building (follow signage across the plaza) to pick up your rentals.
- All rental equipment is cleaned and sanitized after each use using approved solutions and left to dry overnight.
- While in the chairlift line, guests are asked to maintain physical distancing (2 metres) from staff and other guests that are not in their group.
- It is recommended that guests wear face coverings in the lift line, and while loading, riding and unloading the chair, as well as in our base area plaza and our indoor facilities. We strongly encourage guests to bring their own face mask.
- Please ensure you present the barcode on your lift ticket or season pass to the Ticket Checking staff.
- Guests will be asked to load their own bikes onto the chairlift. If you are unable to, please inform the lift attendant.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer before loading the lift and after unloading the lift.
- Only guests from the same family or household members may load the chairlift together; all others may ride alone or with one other guest if comfortable.
- Once you enter the maze area, please continue to move along in the line. Please wait outside the maze area for friends /family.
- Once unloading the lift at the top station, please exit the unload area immediately.
- Please practice safe physical distancing while using the trails – at least 2m (6ft) apart while stationary or walking/hiking, further than 2m (6ft) apart while biking.
- No handshakes, high fives, hugs unless you are riding with family or household members.
- Chill the Send – ride well within your ability level, dependent on the conditions.
- Please hike & bike with those in your group – avoid large groups.
- Avoid gathering at trail map signs/intersections/junctions.
- Trail maps are posted at the base area and top of the chairlift, and are also available on our website, SkiRCR app and Trailforks app.
- As always, please adhere to the Biker’s & Hiker’s Responsibility Codes.
Please check our Restaurant Hours for up to date hours of operation.
Updated public order: Food and Liquor Serving Premises
The following changes are effective July 1, 2021 at 9:00 am:
Capacity: We determine the maximum number of patrons who can be accommodated safely on the premises, taking into consideration the requirements in Part A of the public order, and must document this maximum number.
Congregation: We are taking steps to prevent the congregation of patrons outside the premises and must assess the premises for places where patrons may congregate and put in place measures to avoid congregation.
Patrons must be seated: if patrons consume food or drink on the premises, other than a tasting room with a liquor manufacturer license, there must be sufficient seating for them and patrons must be seated while in the premises.
Patrons cannot move around between tables
Patrons must remain seated when in a premises, other than a cafeteria or tasting room with a liquor manufacturer's license, except:
· To use a self-serve food or drink station
· To use a juke box, self-serve lottery ticket dispenser, or pay at a pay station
· To use washroom facilities
· To provide assistance to another person who requires care or first aid
· To leave or return to the premises
- Re-usable bags are not permitted at this time.
- Bottle deposit refunds will not be processed at this time.
- Washrooms will be open for guests in the following locations:
- Tamarack Building (base area plaza)
- Bear’s Den (top of the Elk Chairlift)
- For all washrooms, cleaning will be increased throughout the day but we ask all guests to please be considerate and use the wipes provided to clean any surfaces they have touched.
We recommend you take steps to protect yourself, we promote contactless payment as much as possible, regular hand sanitization and/or washing, staying within your social bubble and avoiding gatherings on our properties.
Remain respectful - we will not tolerate any abuse towards our staff members or other guests in regards to any of these guidelines. Anyone not able to follow our recommendations will be asked to leave.
Let’s make it a great summer working together and taking time to enjoy our spectacular mountain surroundings.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
We appreciate your review of these policies ahead of visiting us this summer and your further cooperation during your visit. Please realize we are living in an ever-changing situation. While many of these policies will likely stay in place for the summer season, there may be additional ones brought forth or adjustments made as we adapt to our current environment and do everything possible to have a full and enjoyable season for us all. We advise taking a look at this page to check for updates before each of your resort visits this season.