Coca Cola Slope Soaker
Celebrate the final day of the winter season with the ultimate season ending event.
Strap on your skis or snowboard and see if you can make it across our Slope Soaker pond.
Participants are encouraged to dress up in creative costumes as crossing the pond is not the only goal. Extra prizes and points will be awarded for creativity/costumes, effort, crowd reaction, biggest splash etc. Plus all the registered participants are entered in for amazing draw prizes from our sponsors!!
This fun event is open to anyone 12 years of age and older.
10:30am – 12:00pm: Registration/Check In @ Daylodge (all participants, even pre-registered participants must check in to receive their bib number)
12:30pm: All Participants Meeting (Mandatory) @ Bottom of Pit
12:45pm: Head to Start
1:00pm– 6:00pm: Kokanee Event Gardens Open @ Plaza
AWARDS to follow final finisher at Slope Soaker site (approx 2-2:30pm)
3:00pm: Live Music – BCDC @ Plaza
Entry Fee: $20 **
Registration is now open at Guest Services! Please note event is open to first 75 people that register. Day of registration will only be available if spots are. For those not in Fernie that wish to register you can do so over the phone by calling Guest Services at 250-423-2435
**This event is a fundraiser for Fernie Search & Rescue and part of the entry fees go towards Fernie Search & Rescue
ALL competitors MUST sign an Event Waiver. Youth aged 12-15 must have a parent or legal guardian sign an Event Waiver and a Parental Consent Form.
Online waivers can be completed in advance – click here to complete online waivers:
Waivers can also be completed in person. Any competitors 12-15yrs of age must have a parent or legal guardian with them to at Guest Services to register or to come with them to check in to sign the event waiver and parental consent form for the participant. All participants must have a completed event waiver prior to taking part in the event.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted during or prior to participation in the event.
- No nudity or offensive costumes are permitted during the event (remember this is a family friendly spectator show)
- Helmets are MANDATORY for all competitors
- No ski poles allowed (as they damage and tear the tarp liner)
- Contestants must be on skis or snowboards only (no sleds, GT racers etc)
- If you do not cross the pond, the rescue team will help you get out of your gear and exit the pond
- Refrain from trying to stand up and move in the water with your gear on as sharp edges can damage the pond liner
- No inverted aerial maneuvers are permitted
- All contestants must bring their own towel/blanket for after they exit the pond. Change of clothes is strongly recommended as the water will be very COLD!
- Small props are allowed with costumes as long as they aren’t restraining and/or a safety hazard to the participant or the crowd. Fire, fireworks etc are not allowed as props. Event officials have the right to disallow any props that they feel are a safety hazard.
- No morph suits or costumes that cover your nose and/or mouth
- Event officials can deny entry at any point in the event (registration, start area etc) if they feel participants may put themselves or others at risk or if participants violate the rules aboveViolation of the rules above will result in disqualification from the event and may result in suspension or loss of skiing privileges next season.