Raging Elk Dummy Downhill
A highlight of Fernie’s winter Griz Festival! Strictly for fun, this competition features imaginative & hilarious “dummies” on skis launching themselves off a gigantic jump beside the Timber Chair. Dummies can be made from a variety of materials and creativity is stressed! Dummies are judged based on their construction, creativity, distance they fly off the jump and the carnage factor when they land! Prizes are awarded for best construction, best theme/name, best disintegration, best flight, best fundraiser and more!!!
Registration & Schedule coming soon…
- No living cells allowed in race.
- No remote controls or human contact with dummy allowed after launch.
- Not higher than 6 feet, lower than 3 feet or wider than 3 feet at the base.
- Volume-weight up to a max of 100 lbs. MUST PASS WEIGH-IN.
- Only skis or snowboards allowed to mount dummies on.
- Dummy names must be suitable for publication.
- One team member at top of course to launch the dummy
- Owners responsible for retrieving all dummy parts after the event!!
- Gravel / dirt may NOT be used to weigh down your dummy
- No FIRE or FIREWORKS allowed on the dummy.
- Event organizers reserve the right to disqualify any dummies they feel are unsafe to the event and/or spectators
A huge thanks goes out to our title sponsor: Raging Elk Hostel & Kodiak Lounge….spend a night, not a fortune at Fernie’s premiere hostel or enjoy a cold beverage in the cozy Kodiak Lounge. For more information visit their website at http://ragingelk.com/