Jeep Jr Freeski presented by Rossignol & Smith Optics
Fernie Alpine Resort will once again host a regional IFSA Sanctioned Freeskiing event.
This event provides an opportunity for youth between the ages of 7 and 18 to develop and showcase their skiing skills in a fun and supportive environment.
The Jeep Junior Freeski Series is a part of Resort of the Canadian Rockies (RCR) ongoing commitment to providing active and healthy pursuits for youth. To align with the IFSA qualification standards, the event is open to skier’s ages 7 to 18 featuring 6 categories: 7-11 /12-14/15-18 male and female. All age cut off dates are based on the age turned prior to December 31, 2019. Competitors will display their skiing skills on natural terrain while being judged on 5 categories – Line Choice, Control, Fluidity, Technique, and Style/Energy.
Registration will open on Tuesday, December 17th at 8 pm (MST)
REGISTRATION UPDATE: EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT – WAITLIST HAS BEEN STARTED
To get on the waitlist – please click on the registration link below. Choose the appropriate category and select the waitlist option (and number of spots you require), click “Proceed to Registration” and fill out all the information for the athlete. The site will ask for payment details and your credit card will be authorized for the registration amount, however, the credit card will not be charged unless the athlete is moved off the waitlist onto the participant list. If a spot opens up, you will be contacted by our Events Team to confirm you are interested in taking the available spot and then, at that time, the registration will be processed and charged to your credit card.
NOTE: To make registration a fair process – any open spot(s) will be offered to the first name on the waitlist (and will be offered down the waitlist in the order that the wait list registration was received). We cannot substitute any athletes for open spots…ie. athlete cancels and wants to “give” their spot to a specified athlete. This is not allowed, instead the cancelled spot will be offered to the first name on the waitlist.
Registration details can be found on the IFSA website by clicking the button below:
Entry Fees: $82+gst per competitor. Limited spaces will be available!
Friday, February 7th – Registration Check-In & Inspection
Saturday, February 8th – Qualifiers (all age groups)
Sunday, February 9th – Finals (all age groups)
**Detailed schedule will be posted closer to the event and sent out to all registered competitors***
– Please read the 2020 IFSA Junior Series Rules Changes (link on the IFSA registration page or click here) as there are changes to mandatory equipment, venue access this year for competitors, coaches and parents and other updates
– All athletes MUST have a current 2020 IFSA Membership and your IFSA username and password to register. For details on IFSA Memberships visit: https://www.freeskiers.org/membership/membership-info.html
-Coaches (including independent athlete parents) seeking venue access are REQUIRED to have current IFSA Coach Certification and a current IFSA Coach Membership this year. Details on that certification and membership can be found here: https://www.freeskiers.org/coaches-hosts-judges.html
-All Athletes must complete an RCR Event Waiver(s): PLEASE READ!
- All competitors must complete the resort event waiver(s).
- If you complete your Event Waiver online you only have to do it once for the 2019-20 Winter season.
- Competitors aged 16 and older must complete an Event Waiver and can complete the waiver themselves.
- Competitors aged 15 and under must have their parent or legal guardian complete both the Event Waiver AND the Parental Consent Waiver.
- All waivers can be completed online and can be accessed here: https://passes.skircr.com/waivers-special/signup.aspx
Competitors are eligible for a 10% discount off their lodging when booked through RCR Central Reservations. Follow the link to book online and save!