Coca Cola Slope Soaker – cancelled
Unfortunately, the Coca Cola Slope Soaker is cancelled.
What Mother Nature gave us this spring – Lots of warm, slushy, bluebird days.
What she didn’t give us this spring – Snow that is strong enough to hold a giant pool of water for 60+ competitors to skim across.
Therefore, due to the current conditions, we are unable to hold the Coca Cola Slope Soaker event this year.
There will still be lots of fun to be had for our closing weekend; the slushy Spring turns are waiting for you and the Raging Elk PPP is all set for Saturday, followed by live music from local band The Runs, and BC/DC (the ultimate AC/DC tribute band!).
Sunday we look forward to having Five Alarm Funk on the main stage. Their ‘dance your heart out’ show will help us wrap up the season with the high energy that it deserves.
We look forward to seeing you this weekend. Come out and join the party!
Celebrate the final day of the winter season with the ultimate season-ending event.
Strap on your skis or snowboard and see if you can make it across our Slope Soaker pond.
Participants are encouraged to dress up in creative costumes as crossing the pond is not the only goal. Extra prizes and points will be awarded for creativity/costumes, effort, crowd reaction, biggest splash etc. Plus all the registered participants are entered in for amazing draw prizes from our sponsors!!
This fun event is open to anyone 12 years of age and older.
10:30am – 12:00pm: Registration/Check In @ Daylodge (all participants, even pre-registered participants must check in to receive their bib number)
12:30pm: All Participants Meeting (Mandatory) @ Bottom of Pit
12:45pm: Head to Start
12:00pm– 6:00pm: Kokanee Event Gardens Open @ Plaza
AWARDS to follow final finisher at Slope Soaker site (approx 2-2:30pm)
3:00pm: Live Music – Five Alarm Funk @ Plaza
Registration is now open at Guest Services. Entry fee is $20+gst***
Please note event is open to first 75 people that register. Day of registration will only be available if spots are – if you want to secure a spot register early! For those not in Fernie that wish to register you can do so over the phone by calling Guest Services at 250-423-2435
**This event is a fundraiser for Fernie Search & Rescue with part of the entry fees going towards the organization.
ALL competitors MUST sign an Event Waiver. Youth aged 12-15 must have a parent or legal guardian sign an Event Waiver and a Parental Consent Form.
Online waivers can be completed in advance – click here to complete online waivers:
Waivers can also be completed in person. Any competitors 12-15yrs of age must have a parent or legal guardian with them to at Guest Services to register or to come with them to check in to sign the event waiver and parental consent form for the participant. All participants must have a completed event waiver prior to taking part in the event.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted during or prior to participation in the event.
- No nudity or offensive costumes are permitted during the event (remember this is a family friendly spectator show)
- Helmets are MANDATORY for all competitors
- No ski poles allowed (as they damage and tear the tarp liner)
- Contestants must be on skis or snowboards only (no sleds, GT racers etc)
- If you do not cross the pond, the rescue team from Fernie Search & Rescue will help you get out of your gear and exit the pond
- Refrain from trying to stand up and move in the water with your gear on as sharp edges can damage the pond liner
- Inverted aerial maneuvers are NOT permitted
- All contestants must bring their own towel/blanket for after they exit the pond. Change of clothes is strongly recommended as the water will be very COLD!
- Small props are allowed with costumes as long as they aren’t restraining and/or a safety hazard to the participant or the crowd. Fire, fireworks etc are not allowed as props. Event officials have the right to disallow any props that they feel are a safety hazard.
- No morph suits or costumes & accessories that cover your nose and/or mouth
- Event officials can deny entry at any point in the event (registration, start area etc) if they feel participants may put themselves or others at risk or if participants violate the rules above. Violation of the rules above will result in disqualification from the event and may result in suspension or loss of skiing privileges next season.
- Competitors must check in at the daylodge between 10:30am and 12:00pm on the event day to pick up their bib (even pre-registered competitors).